At the west end of the nave is one of the best designed galleries in the country, an exceedingly good piece of classical work. From 1750 onwards, the musicians occupied it and the congregation turned round to face them during the psalms. An organ was provided by the parishioners in 1879. It stood in the north-east corner of the church until 1914. The instrument which is currently in the gallery came from St. Clement’s Church, Ipswich, in 1984 thanks mainly to a generous legacy.